Thursday, March 13, 2008

Knitting Books

I love knitting. In fact, I have to set aside a specific time for my knitting. If I didn't I'd sit in the corner all day and knit. I'd become so engrossed I would forget to feed and clothe my children. Social workers would be pounding on my door as I yelled, "Just let me finish this row!" I am an addict. As an addict I am going to tell you about three knitting books I am currently pouring over.

The first is called Knitting for Two by Erika Knight. It's patterns are for expectant (and new) moms and their babies. The patterns are amazingly elegant. Soft baby blankets with ribbon and sweaters with beautiful buttons and embroidery--this book has all of them.

The second book is Hand Knits for the Home by Caroline Birkett. This book is complete with practical designs for pillows, throws, bolsters, bags and rugs. She has a pattern for a fantastic beaded table runner that I will be making before too long.

The third, and my favorite of the three, is Alterknits by Leigh Radford. This book is about the creativity of knitting. There are patterns for shirts and scarves, but she also has a pattern for a crown knit with crepe paper, and paper lanterns knit with special Japanese yarns. The woman who wrote this book looked at a screen door, said, "hmm. I think I could knit that," and then did. I absolutely adore this book.


Now go and knit! I'm about to.

No comments:

Search The Hip Homemaker

Google