Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kitchen Adventure

I was in the kitchen on Tuesday (I think that was the day) and I made an absolutely wonderful base for a salad, salsa, or dip. Use it for whatever. I am not big on measuring when I create my own recipes and I don't know how much of each item I used but here is what I did.

Finely dice 1 whole avocado, add the juice of 1/2 a lime. Dice 1 roma tomato and add to the avocado & lime. Remove the seeds and dice 1 medium orange pepper and 3 green onions (depending on how much you like green onions and how much of it you use. I would say that if you use a lot of the green at the top only use 2) and add to the mixture. I only had dried cilantro which is also known as coriander but I added some, well actually a lot more than some people think is normal (I love cilantro) If you have fresh cilantro chop some up and add as much as you like. Also add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.

This "recipe" doesn't make tons, but it is Oh so good!! I had some just plain on chips. I also added black beans to make it go a little further, but be sure to add some more salt if you do that, it kind of took the fresh flavor away though. :( The next time I made it I put shredded chicken and ranch dressing with it. . .OOOOOHHHHHHH. Chicken salad. (Can you say pseudo Cafe Rio/Bajio/Costa Vida dressing?)

Okay, I know that this is a random post, and it is my first entry on hip homemaker, but enjoy the "recipe." Besides my new roomie loves it. :D

No comments:

Search The Hip Homemaker

Google